How to retrieve the only past 5 days created row using Smartsheet API

Options

Hi All,

I'm exploring the Smartsheet API. My use case to extract past 5days newly created records from my "ABC1231231" Sheet using Smartsheet API call. Kindly advise me which API method i need to use and how to use the Date query filter?

Answers

• David Jasven
    David Jasven ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To extract records from a Smartsheet that were created in the past 5 days, you would typically use the GET /sheets/{sheetId}/rows endpoint, applying query parameters to filter rows based on their creation dates. However, the Smartsheet API does not directly support filtering rows by creation date through query parameters.

To achieve this, you can:

1. Retrieve all rows from the sheet using the GET /sheets/{sheetId}/rows endpoint.
    2. Filter the retrieved rows on the client side (in your application code) based on their createdAt property.

Here's how you could do it in pseudocode, assuming you've fetched the rows into a variable called rows:

import datetime

# Your sheet ID

sheet_id = "ABC1231231"

# Calculate the date 5 days ago from today

five_days_ago = datetime.datetime.utcnow() - datetime.timedelta(days=5)

# Filter rows created in the last 5 days

new_rows = [row for row in rows if datetime.datetime.strptime(row['createdAt'], '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ') > five_days_ago]

# new_rows now contains only the rows created in the past 5 days

Please replace "ABC1231231" with your actual sheet ID and adjust the datetime parsing/formatting as per your actual data structure and requirements.

Remember, this approach requires fetching all rows from the server first and then filtering them locally, which might not be the most efficient method for sheets with a large number of rows. If you have a date column in your sheet that records the creation date, you could instead use the column filter functionality in the Smartsheet UI to directly view or export the filtered rows.