Child Task formulas =(INDEX(MATCH()) in Control Center Blueprint Projects do not return results.

When a project is created using Blueprint via Control Center, the Child tasks have the Index/Match formulas located in the fields, but the fields are not returning any data from the associated sheet. This is working at the Top Level (ANCESTORS = 0), but is not working for any indented levels (ANCESTORS >0 ).

Is this a feature of the Control Center where formulas will only work at the top level of indented rows?

Would it be better if I created all the associated columns on my Metadata sheet and link them directly, which would take me 102 rows on my Metadata sheet to almost 200 rows total.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide screenshots for context?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Joe Calderazzo
    Joe Calderazzo ✭✭✭✭

I figured out what was happening on my sheet - I changed to direct links and after testing I deleted the entire row rather than deleting the data in the row, which deleted the links - I have updated my links and tested and all is good now using direct links from my project plan to the Metadata sheet and direct links from the Metadata sheet to the sheet driving the form where the data is entered.

If I use an INDEX formula on my project plan in a task row that is indented several indents, the formula appears, but still does not produce any results. Likewise, the reference to a different sheet is not updated with a new reference, though this may only be a visual change and not a functional change. This is only after using Control Center to create a new project folder. Everything works correctly on the template in the project toolkit folder. I do not have any screen shots of this because I just changed everything from INDEX formulas to direct cell links and I no longer have those INDEX formulas on my indented lines on the Project Plan.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!