Dynamic view vs reports

Hi! Im having a hard time understanding what the clear differences are between the dynamic view and the reports. I dont like that the people who are shared to edit on a report will by default also be shared to edit on the main source page. Is the dynamic view different? Thanks.

Answers

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @cindy12345,

Yes, that is one of the differences.

Part of implementing a Control Center solution 18 months ago for our PMO included an assessment of two key areas: (1) reporting requirements, (2) accountability/ownership of data (tasks, risks, issues, etc). We implemented dynamic views across our PMO business processes to support both of these.

As part of that activity, I put together a comparison table during the implementation to help our PMO understand the differences:

The key ones for our PMO are interactivity and security. Having the ability to allow editing of specific fields mitigates the risk of 'user error'. Also, users only see the data they either need to see (keeping them focused and screening out the "noise") or that they should see (to support confidentiality of data where it needs to be for certain users only).

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Sing

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Dayforce

LinkedIn

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!