How would I place a formula where if a certain cell @row is blank, then do a formula?

How would I place a formula where if a certain cell @row is blank, then do a formula? Specifically, I'm trying to create a formula that, if a certain cell @row is blank, then it'll calculate the days since another cell. It has to do with permit submittals, if the permit was submitted on Jan 1, I need to know how many days have passed since then until it's approved.

Best Answer

• che.rabajante
    che.rabajante ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @DeTerminator1

Are you trying to calculate the days elapsed between the submission date and the approval date? Additionally, would you like the calculation to continue if the approval date is blank? If this what your looking for, you can use this formula

TIP! You have the option to leverage Smartsheet's generative AI for assistance with formulas.

If this response addresses your query, please click "answered." Thank you!🙂

che

Answers

• che.rabajante
    che.rabajante ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @DeTerminator1

Are you trying to calculate the days elapsed between the submission date and the approval date? Additionally, would you like the calculation to continue if the approval date is blank? If this what your looking for, you can use this formula

TIP! You have the option to leverage Smartsheet's generative AI for assistance with formulas.

If this response addresses your query, please click "answered." Thank you!🙂

che

• @che.rabajante I apparently was forgetting a parentheses in my original attempt. I did take off the second part of the formula since once it's approved, I didn't care about the days, but that is handy to have! Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!