COUNTIF & COUNTIFS Formulas

Hi All,

I'm needing help with some adjustments to the formulas below:

In the Total Count formula, I'm trying to count only the number of times each country code occurs, but the 2nd criteria is that the value "Outside of the US" must also be present in the "Request Type" column.

TOTAL COUNT

=COUNTIF({Country or Territory Name}, Label7)

In the Last 7 Days formula, I'm trying to count only the number of times each country code occurs within the last 7 days, but the 2nd criteria is that the value "Outside of the US" must also be present in the "Request Type" column.

LAST 7 DAYS

=COUNTIFS({Country or Territory Name}, Label7, {Date Requested}, AND(@cell >= TODAY(-7), @cell <= TODAY()))

Best Answer

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I think you're close but that both need to be COUNTIFS formulas with all your ranges and criteria included.

=COUNTIFS({Country or Territory Name}, Label7, {Request Type}, "Outside of the US")

=COUNTIFS({Country or Territory Name}, Label7, {Request Type}, "Outside of the US", {Date Requested}, AND(@cell >= TODAY(-7), @cell <= TODAY()))

Hope this helps!:)

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I think you're close but that both need to be COUNTIFS formulas with all your ranges and criteria included.

=COUNTIFS({Country or Territory Name}, Label7, {Request Type}, "Outside of the US")

=COUNTIFS({Country or Territory Name}, Label7, {Request Type}, "Outside of the US", {Date Requested}, AND(@cell >= TODAY(-7), @cell <= TODAY()))

Hope this helps!:)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!