Meet Mark Safran, our March Member Spotlight! 🎉

Options
Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee Admin
edited 04/24/24 in Member Spotlight

Make some noise for @Mark Safran, our March Member Spotlight and a Smartsheet Community Champion

Mark was recently promoted to Vice President of Operations & Technology at Chelsea Lighting (go Mark!), and lives in New Jersey but works in New York City. 

He was first introduced to Smartsheet in 2016 at his previous company where he was added as a free contributor. When he joined Chelsea Lighting, his team in the Project Management department had a similar set-up. After poking around for a few months, Mark quickly learned about automations and dashboards, and the learning hasn’t stopped ever since. 

“I’m obsessed with Data Shuttle,” he says. “We completed an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) migration last year, and instead of spending additional time and money to build out metrics and reporting inside the ERP, we wrote a couple of basic SQL queries to do a recurring export of transaction data to CSV. We use Data Shuttle to migrate all of that into our Smartsheet tenant.” This allowed Mark and his team to build out portfolio reports and dashboards that combined native Smartsheet data with information straight out of the ERP.

Having been a Smartsheet superuser for the last six years, Mark not only loves data and cool technology tools to tell stories, but he loves the Community too. “I can attribute a lot of my professional growth and career success to the platform,” he says. “I’m excited to now be a Community Champion myself to hopefully contribute back some of the knowledge and insights I’ve gained.” Mark also gave special shoutouts to @Paul Newcome and @Andrée Starå for guiding him along the way. 

When he’s not designing dashboards or writing new Data Shuttle workflows, Mark is a volunteer EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) for his local ambulance corps which he finds incredibly rewarding. 

Thanks for all you do, Mark!

---

Do you know someone in the Community who should be next month's Member Spotlight? Nominate them here. 🤩

Comments