Index Match is not returning newer rows from parent sheet

Carol1986
Carol1986
edited 03/27/24 in Formulas and Functions

My index match on a sheet has some rows missing that are on the source sheet. When I check the Index Match formula, all is well (and is working for all of the other rows). I checked and it is converted to column formula. When I go to the source sheet, the row that is missing in my new sheet is formatted just like all of the other rows, without special characters (actually, the match row is an auto populated number, so it's not something that can be input manually). This row that is missing was added a few months ago to the source sheet, so it's not super new. Actually, no new rows from Jan through now are on my new sheet. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Carol1986 I had this happen once -- the issue for me was that the new values were being entered via an automation or form, and there were a few rows between the new data and the rest of the table. When I reviewed the cross-sheet reference, the range had changed from a selection of the entire column to a selection of all the cells. I corrected it by re-selecting the column by clicking the column header. I had to do it a few times, then the problem eventually stopped. I submitted a ticket and I don't remember the outcome, but after digging around I saw that a few other people had similar issues.

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Carol1986 I had this happen once -- the issue for me was that the new values were being entered via an automation or form, and there were a few rows between the new data and the rest of the table. When I reviewed the cross-sheet reference, the range had changed from a selection of the entire column to a selection of all the cells. I corrected it by re-selecting the column by clicking the column header. I had to do it a few times, then the problem eventually stopped. I submitted a ticket and I don't remember the outcome, but after digging around I saw that a few other people had similar issues.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!