get_sheet(sheet_id) returns all rows (even above max 10000) instead of default 100.

Options

Hello everyone, I've been working with the get_sheet() function and have noticed this behavior. When I do not set the page_size the function returns all the rows, even when there are more than 10,000 rows in the sheet. However, when I set page_size to 100, it correctly returns 100 rows. For sheets with 10,000 rows or more, it returns 10,000 rows which is the max limit as expected.

According to the documentation, the default number of rows returned by get_sheet should be 100, with a maximum of 10,000. I'm curious why it is returning all rows, including those beyond 10,000, instead of the expected default of 100.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Any insights or suggestions on why this might be happening would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Devi

I believe the previous experience was the following:

Unless otherwise stated for a specific endpoint, defaults to 100. If neither pageSize nor page is specified, returns all rows in the sheet. If only page is specified, defaults to a page size of 100.

However I do see what you're seeing in the documentation, and my own personal testing did only return 100 rows. My assumption at this time is that the API is being updated and at some point it will default to 100. I would recommend setting a page number and page size each time to achieve consistent results.

Cheers,

Genevieve