Automation needed that alerts contacts on the 1st of each month only of tasks due for that month

Options
ModupeT
ModupeT
edited 04/02/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I am having difficulty setting up an automation that alerts individuals on the 1st of each month. I need the people who are listed in the "Assigned To" column to receive one email notification that lets them know they have tasks due for that specific month. They only need to receive a notification of all pending tasks in the "Status" column that are "in progress" or "not started".

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ModupeT

You can add Conditions to filter what tasks are sent. 🙂

If the specific condition you're looking for is not specified, you might need to set up "helper columns" in your sheet that create your calculations or flag the rows that meet your criteria, then use the Condition Block to check your helper column and send those rows.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Jack Parry
    Jack Parry ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Can you not set up an automation with some conditions set?

The key thing is that the Assigned To column has to be a 'Contact List'

Something like the below, the automation will only alert the "Owner" (Or Assigned To) on the 1st day of the month every month for rows where the status is 'In Progress" or "Not Started".

You can test the automation by clicking Run Now and triggering for specific rows or for the entire sheet and get the notifications sent to yourself.

Hope this helps!

NOTE: Remember to adjust your permission settings to unrestricted. (if the assigned to owners don't have access to the sheet itself)

Thanks,

Jack

• ModupeT
    Options

Thanks so much, Jack. I actually was able to set up an automation on my own and it looks just what you've shared; however, I want to know if Smartsheet has the capability of only alerting the contact of all tasks pending for that particular month.

For example, If a contact receives an alert on April 1, can they receive a list of all of their tasks that are in progress and/or not started ONLY for April?

From what I've seen it doesnt appear there is a way of doing that, but I'd like to be sure.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ModupeT

You can add Conditions to filter what tasks are sent. 🙂

If the specific condition you're looking for is not specified, you might need to set up "helper columns" in your sheet that create your calculations or flag the rows that meet your criteria, then use the Condition Block to check your helper column and send those rows.

Cheers,

Genevieve