How to send an attachment and NOT the link to the attachment using a form

Options

How to send an attachment and NOT the link to the attachment using a form.

The form only provides a link (non clickable) to the attachment. I want to be able to send the attachment that is added to the form

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @1Tony_W

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

Like Andree said, not possible. When you attach something in Smartsheet, it gets stored in AWS in the cloud. When you "Send" the attachment to someone, Smartsheet sends a link to allow the recipient to retrieve the file from the cloud. But Smartsheet won't download and then email the file on your behalf, just the link.

You can work around it a little bit by storing the file on Google Drive and "attaching" the Drive file in Smartsheet. When you do that, you've attached a link. If you click that link, it'll open in Drive, and you can then use File..>Send as Attachment in Google Sheets/Docs/etc to send the actual file along. But that's a very manual process.

If you want to turn your Smartsheet data (data...not attachments) into a file and send that, you can do so by clicking File...Send As Attachment in a Smartsheet sheet or report. You can schedule those emails to send regularly. But they won't include attachments.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• 1Tony_W
    Options

Thanks for all your help, I'll class this as resolved considering that what I wanted to achieve cannot be done.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@1Tony_W

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.