Workapps Contact Column Error

Options
ginamt3
ginamt3 ✭✭✭✭
edited 04/02/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I've been having an issue with my users editing a dropdown as a "Contact List". When someone tries to change they get this error (attached)

If I have them edit in smartsheets it's fine. But then I have to give access to underlying sheet which defeats the whole purpose.

Any thoughts?

Tags:

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

Are they trying to pick a contact from the list that you've predefined in the Column Properties, by clicking in a cell and picking from a dropdown? Or are they trying to change the predefined pick list of contacts by clicking the column header and trying to change the Properties? The first one should work fine, the second requires admin permission and a license.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• ginamt3
    ginamt3 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

They are trying to select a predefined list. After some testing, it seems that if the underlying sheets are defined as restricted it causes the problem. I unrestricted for now so it at least works. But now i have a bunch of contacts in the dropdowns that are not suppose to be there

• Brian_Richardson
    Options

Ah, yes that would cause an issue. "Restricted" checkbox means that people editing the contact in a cell in that column can only pick from the pre-defined list of contacts that you've provided. Edit the column properties to edit that list.

If you need people to be able to start typing and search/select from any contact, rather than just a list you've provided, then you'll need to leave it as unrestricted.

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• ginamt3
    ginamt3 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This occurs when they select a contact from the restricted list.

• Brian_Richardson
    Options

Hmm, then I would contact support as that seems like a bug. They should be able to pick from the list that you've provided them.

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN