Bridge Search for a value - What are the modules to use?

Options

I have a use case as follows:

1. When a row changes or is added in the source sheet, I want to search for the row's column named "Key" against a column also named "Key" on a target sheet.
  2. If found I want to update a column named "History" in the target sheet that matches the source sheet's key. I also want to write the word "true" in the target sheet's "dmv" column.
  3. If they don't match I want to add the source sheet key to the target sheet.

I've been trying different modules to accomplish this task but am having difficulties. For example, if I do a search on the target sheet, I do not get a row ID back that indicates which row on the target sheet that needs to be updated. I am attaching what I've been doing up till now.

Any hints would be really appreciated.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @cabbsman

Here's one flow that will work. Since the Search Sheet returns an array of filtered rows, the flow uses the Key value from the source sheet as the filter. If the length of the array is zero, then the filter is empty, which means the Key was not found on the target sheet. In the Advanced Options of Search Sheet be sure to click 'Include Sheet Data'.

I assumed that the Key was a unique identifier and would only appear in your Target sheet once? If not, the flow will need to change as you will have multiple row ID in your target sheet

Will this work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @cabbsman

Here's one flow that will work. Since the Search Sheet returns an array of filtered rows, the flow uses the Key value from the source sheet as the filter. If the length of the array is zero, then the filter is empty, which means the Key was not found on the target sheet. In the Advanced Options of Search Sheet be sure to click 'Include Sheet Data'.

I assumed that the Key was a unique identifier and would only appear in your Target sheet once? If not, the flow will need to change as you will have multiple row ID in your target sheet

Will this work for you?

Kelly

• cabbsman
    cabbsman ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/08/24
    Options

Thank you! I will give it a try and let you know.

• cabbsman
    cabbsman ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/08/24
    Options

This works great. At the point where I am attempting to update the target row's column. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @cabbsman

Were you successful with the RowId? If you followed my flow, there are only two things that would put a wrinkle in that step. Not turning on the Sheet info in the Filter step of Search sheet or - the big wrinkle - the same ID showing up on multiple rows.

Let me know how you made out

Kelly

• cabbsman
    cabbsman ✭✭✭✭
    Options

All is good. Thank for your help.