Can we request a rollback in Brandfolder?

Options

One of our users who is not that used to using Brandfolder modified Labels in Bulk Management in a wrong way, but she went too far to remember what exactly she did.

In this case, can we request a rollback for this specific Brandfolder by any chance if we provide the exact time we want to go back to? Actually, it's not a big problem for now because I fixed it guessing what she would have done, but I'd like to know if the rollback is possible, just in case.

Answers

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Joanne,

We do not currently support recovery as described, but there are a couple of options if the modifications were major. I wouldn't recommend them if the issue is minor, or already resolved.

• Our team could possibly rebuild or create a new one.
    • Our team might be able to create a script to rename the labels, but this requires checking with them to make sure it's feasible in the specific case, and it does come at a one time cost.

Hope this helps, and wishing you a nice day!

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rebeca, thank you for your comments. But could give me more details?

what do you mean with "rebuild or create" and "a script to rename the labels"? I don't get it exactly how this is different from what I can do in bulk management.

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Joanne,

These options would make sense in case of major modifications that would be difficult to reverse by yourself. The team could help rebuild the affected Brandfolder, or create a new one. The script could help to update the label names more quickly than updating them one-by-one in the UI. That could be an option if a lot of updates were necessary, and you needed the labels to be back to their original form as soon as possible.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rebeca,

So, it seems that it is technically impossible to make the labels back to exactly the same version at a particular point in time, but the team could help us to update the label names more quickly if we didn't mind the past version, wanted to update labels as a new version, and it was too many works to update them manually.

Is a recovery not supported for other components of Brandfolder as well besides labels?

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Joanne,

That would be correct. We do not support recoveries for labels or for other components of Brandfolder at this time.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭
    Options

Well noted. Thank you for your help!