Master Out of Office Calendar Sync with Individual Project Gantts?

Options

Hi! I manage several different projects with separate gantt charts, all with different project teams, and I struggle with cross-checking everyone's ooo schedules when I'm updating timelines. I would ultimately like to find a way to have a Master OOO Calendar that be pulled into the gantt charts based on the people assigned to the project so that I can see their ooo dates in each gantt without having them add their ooo dates to each and every project they're assigned to separately.

I have created a sheet for the Master OOO Calendar that contains the following columns: Name, OOO Start Date, OOO End Date

The project assignments are contained in a sheet called Active Projects.

What I'm thinking of doing is being able to include a formula at the top of each project's gantt to pull in the OOO Start & End Dates if the person is assigned to that project in the Active Projects sheet. So essentially the dates are only showing up if the person who is assigned to the project has added dates to the Master OOO Calendar.

Is this possible? Is there a different solution that would allow me to more easily adjust timelines in each project's gantt while seeing when my teams are ooo?

Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!