Once rows from a source sheet make their way to the Data Mesh sheet, is there a way to remove them?

Answers

• Erica L.
    Erica L. ✭✭✭✭

I was told that once rows from a source sheet make their way to the Data Mesh sheet, there is no way to remove them. Even though the rows may no longer exist in the source sheet, you can't prevent them from showing up again in the Data Mesh sheet. My source sheet (report) is pulling from multiple projects so it's not feasible to know what rows were deleted by project managers. I have no way of knowing what they deleted in their sheets feeding to the report, that then feeds to the Data Mesh sheet. Just want to be able to report accurately that rows in the Data Mesh sheet are active/live and not old rows that were deleted. Anyone have thoughts on this? Hopefully Smartsheet can develop a way to prevent this from happening in the future.

• Hi @Erica L.

Yes, DataMesh "meshes" together rows, meaning it will copy rows from one item to another and link them if needed, but it does not replace the entire destination sheet or delete rows if they're deleted from the source. I see you created a Product Idea post about this, thank you!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Erica L.
    Erica L. ✭✭✭✭

Yes, hoping this can be an enhancement one day. Thank you.