Is there a formula that can be used to bring over a Row ID from one sheet to another?

I have a sheet that we enter all of our training data and each row that is entered is automatically assigned a ROW ID. We have another sheet that will bring over the information affiliated with that ROW ID. Right now I am cell linking, but I have to link the new cells as they come in. I would like for the ROW ID to automatically come over when the cell is no longer blank. I was thinking something like =INDEX({Source Row ID}@row, NOT(ISBLANK({Source Row ID}))) but it is giving me a #Blocked error.

Or is it possible to automate cell linking as new cells come in on the Source sheet? I tried cell linking the whole column but it doesn't bring in new entries as they come in. Thank you for your help and time.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a reason you are pulling all of the entries into a separate sheet, or would you be able to use a Row Report?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• pris
    pris ✭✭✭✭

We have a source sheet that houses all the kinds of training data, within each row is an auto assigned ROW ID. Then we have a comprehensive attendance system where different training attendance sign-in forms feed into this one sheet. When participants submit their attendance the form is associated with the training name because it matches with the Source ROW ID. In my final sheet, that I am having difficulty automatically bringing over the ROW ID from the source sheet, uses column formulas to bring over the training name, start date, and a then uses column formula from the attendance sheet to count how many people identify within each of the participant categories. The ROW ID in this sheet is used as a helper column to easily bring over the information.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide some screenshots for context? Sample data is fine.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!