Copy Date from one column to another in the same sheet

I'm facing a challenge.

I've got a schedule with Start & End Date, when new lines are added I usually go and manually copy the Start & End Date to the Target Start & Target End Date on the same sheet. Initially I can add a formula to copy that date across however what I don't want is for the Target Start and Target End date to also change when the user updates the Start & End Date coz that need to be the "Baseline" for the schedule.

I already looked at the Community similar issues and appreciate the option is available to copy row to another sheet and use "Vlookup" however, to do that requires additional effort.

Just wanted to know if there is a alternative fix?

Should you need further information let me know. Would really appreciate some assistance.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You could add an additional Hidden date row that the formula pulls from. That's the only other option I can really see

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You could add an additional Hidden date row that the formula pulls from. That's the only other option I can really see

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• That get's me thinking. Thank you Mark.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You are welcome

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!