Help to create the formula to take a row data from a sheet, and bring to the main sheet

I have a form that take users data. I need to compare a column data from this sheet with the main sheet and if match bring all row to the main sheet.

Answers

• dojones
    dojones ✭✭✭✭

Use the Move a Row to Another Sheet workflow. Create the column formula that defines when the workflow should trigger. Something like this.

IF ([column1]@row = {column2}@row, "Match", "")

Then use the workflow with criteria when the cell is "Match", then the workflow will move the row to the sheet you define.

• Dilson
    Dilson
    edited 05/26/24

Hi Dojones, thank you by the answer, and sorry about my late. I'm trying something like the bellow, but is not working, I don't know why, do you or someone else see what I'm doing wrong?

=IF([Handover_DB]@row=1, VLOOKUP([PEP_DB]@row, {PEP / Project}1:{Customer Name}5, 15), 0)

Thank you in advance!

• dojones
    dojones ✭✭✭✭

Dilson, your reference to the second sheet is incorrect.

{PEP / Project}1:{Customer Name}5

When you select the reference to another sheet it will give it a range name automatically. Something like below. You can rename to anything you like when setting the reference.

=IF([Handover_DB]@row = 1, VLOOKUP([PEP_DB]@row, {Main Sheet Lookup Range 1}, 15), 0)

• Hi Dojones, thank you by the fast answer,

I was trying to reference the cell on another sheet in the formula just referencing the columns "{Customer name}" without use this resource to reference using the link to the cell in another sheet, because this kind of reference have a limit, right?

I'm not sure, but if I'm not wrong I did in the past the reference to a cell in another sheet just putting the column name betwin {} and the line number, is that possible?

• Hi everyone,

Anyone knows if have some way to copy a cell from other sheet without use the reference link that is limited to (if I'm not wrong) 100 references?

Thanks in advance.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!