INVALID COLUMN VALUE Error

Hello,

I am receiving the invalid column value error. If the referenced cell contains either standard cuff or is blank it should return a blank value, however I am getting an error with the formula I am using, please see below:

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @CaraBart28,

I think you need to wrap false in quotes, that should fix it!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/21/24

@CaraBart28

=If([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = "Extra Large Cuff (>16.5 in.)","Extra Large Cuff (>16.5 in - 18.5)", If(Or([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row ="Standard Cuff (<16.5 in.)",[Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row=""),""))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• CaraBart28
    CaraBart28 ✭✭✭✭

@Mark.poole

I tried the formula you provided and I am receiving the invalid data type error, I corrected the spelling and syntax but still receiving the error.

IF([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = "Extra Large Cuff (>16.5 in.)", "Extra Large Cuff", IF(OR([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = "Standard Cuff (<16.5 in.)", "", [Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = ""), ""))

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/21/24

@CaraBart28

The Or statement works like this. IF(or(logical expression 1,Logical expression 2,…..)

Thus you wont need the extra "" that I bolded. between IF(OR([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = "Standard Cuff (<16.5 in.)", "", [Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = ""), ""))

Did the original Formula not work?

a longer one to achieve the same idea would be

=IF([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row ="","",IF([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = "Standard Cuff (<16.5 in.)","",IF([Blood Pressure Cuff Size]@row = "Extra Large Cuff (>16.5 in.)", "Extra Large Cuff")))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!