How can I delete contacts from a smartsheet template?

These contacts appear in the dropdown list in the "Assigned To" column. When I access the contact list from Accounts, it only lists me as the contact. Thoughts?

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni
    edited 05/24/24

It's a little confusing! But Smartsheet Contacts and Contact Columns are two entirely separate things.

The Smartsheet Contacts, accessible from your personal settings button at bottom left, is a custom list of contacts for you personally.

On the other hand, a Contact type Column is a column where people can select from contacts in the account. That has little to do with your personal Smartsheet Contacts list, except that you will see your personal contacts in addition to the account members. When you start typing, you are essentially searching both the account and your personal list.

Additionally, a Contact column can have a set of contacts "pre-set" in the Properties for that column. If that is setup, then when you edit a cell in that column, you'll see a dropdown arrow. Pressing the arrow gives you the list of pre-set contacts. Again, these contacts have nothing to do with your personal Smartsheet Contacts list, they are the contacts that were setup as options for the dropdown in that column. The admin can also choose to restrict only to those pre-set contacts, or allow searching of all contacts.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN