How do you have a cell in one Smartsheet repeat information to a cell in another Smartsheet?

I work with dates for campaigns a lot. I have multiple Smartsheets tracking different pieces of campaigns and the dates those pieces will launch. Is there a way for me to link the date cell in one Smartsheet to a date cell in another Smartsheet - so if I change the date in one Sheet it would change the date on the other Sheet?

I think it would be a formula to set up, but I don't understand enough about the formula to understand what to do.

Also, I'm hoping I don't have to have the same columns in the same two Smartsheets, because that's not possible. Would I need to have the same Primary Column name for the two cells to match though?

Thank you for any help! This would greatly solve a lot of my back and forth issues!

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

you can achieve this with cell linking. No formula required. On the sheet you want to pull the date to select the cell your wanting the date to go in. Be sure it is also a date column. Then select cell linking from the toolbar up top. From there it should be pretty simple to follow.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

you can achieve this with cell linking. No formula required. On the sheet you want to pull the date to select the cell your wanting the date to go in. Be sure it is also a date column. Then select cell linking from the toolbar up top. From there it should be pretty simple to follow.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!