Countifs (MultiSelect Dropdown), (Unchecked box)

Hello!

I am confused about how to write this countif.

I need a count that represents the total number of students who have enrolled into each type of school that are eligible for a scholarship.

The type of school is a drop down, which I can get the count by using the code below. I tack on the -1, because I use the drop down as part of my key and need to make sure it isn't included. This function works perfectly fine.

=COUNTIFS(Enrollment:Enrollment, CONTAINS("4", @cell)) - 1

I am also able to get the count of unchecked boxes to count fine on it's own using the following code:

=COUNTIFS(NotEligible:NotEligible, 0)

But, now that I need to see what the count is for the intersection of this group, I keep getting the error "#unparsable". I'm trying the following code and tried playing with some variations with no luck.

=COUNTIFS(Enrollment:Enrollment, CONTAINS("4", @cell)), (NotEligible:NotEligible, 0)-1

Am I missing something?

TIA!

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@VictoriaD

YOu hav Extra () in unneeded locations. Below i corrected this syntax error

=COUNTIFS(Enrollment:Enrollment, CONTAINS("4", @cell), NotEligible:NotEligible, 0)-1

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@VictoriaD

YOu hav Extra () in unneeded locations. Below i corrected this syntax error

=COUNTIFS(Enrollment:Enrollment, CONTAINS("4", @cell), NotEligible:NotEligible, 0)-1

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• VictoriaD
    VictoriaD ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!!!! This worked perfectly!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!