IF and Isblank on date field

Hi,

Please I need your help. I have two date fields - Expected completion date and actual date completed. I'm trying to create a formula to say if actual date completed is greater than expected completion date, "Red", if actual date completed is blank, "Gray", else "Green"

My formula is: IF([Actual Date Completed]@row > [Expected completion]@row, "Red", IF([Actual Date Completed]@row < [Expected completion]@row, "Green", "Gray"))

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/14/24 Answer βœ“

@AghoT

=IF(ISBLANK([Actual Date Completed]@row), "Gray", IF([Actual Date Completed]@row > [Expected completion]@row, "Red", "Green"))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. AwesomeπŸ–€, InsightfulπŸ’‘, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/14/24 Answer βœ“

@AghoT

=IF(ISBLANK([Actual Date Completed]@row), "Gray", IF([Actual Date Completed]@row > [Expected completion]@row, "Red", "Green"))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. AwesomeπŸ–€, InsightfulπŸ’‘, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!