How do I get a cell to Manifest a date

Hello all and thanks for any help in advance. I am trying to get my sheet to manifest a date based on a drop-down selection in another cell, is that possible? Example would be, I have a drop down for delivery status On truck, at warehouse, delivered, ect, I also have a collum for delivery date. I would like it if when I select delivered, it would automatically manifest a date in the delivery date collum. can this be done?

Best Answer

• Protonsponge
    Protonsponge ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

When you change the status of [Delivery Status] column, you will need to save the sheet… the automation will trigger when the sheet is saved. The date will then appear in [Date Delivered]… you can also refresh the page after saving and the date should appear for you.

Hope that helps in some way.

Protonspounge

Answers

• Protonsponge
    Protonsponge ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/18/24

If you are looking for record a date when your [Deliver Status] is changed to "Complete" you could setup a Date column and use the automation - 'Record the date when specified criteria are met'

Would that meet your needs or are you looking for something else?

You would look to set it up like this:-

• Yes this should work. but when I set it up and tested it, the date did not manifest.

• Protonsponge
    Protonsponge ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

When you change the status of [Delivery Status] column, you will need to save the sheet… the automation will trigger when the sheet is saved. The date will then appear in [Date Delivered]… you can also refresh the page after saving and the date should appear for you.

Hope that helps in some way.

Protonspounge

• You are the best, yes this did exactly what I needed it to do thank you

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!