Smartsheet Sheet Summary

I'm new to smart sheet, but in playing around with building a jobsite estimates… is there a way to show a subcontractor within a scope vertically in a column? The attached screen shot shows work scope for concrete flatwork, and rather than stack the subs I'd like to look at them side by side across the board which would eliminate the need to repeat bid items for each sub. At the same time I'd like to do the same for each different scope on a project where the sub are different. Erosion Control, Asphalt paving, Grading etc… maybe there is better template or possible a way using sheet summary?

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mark Euser

You can use the Card view or Board view to look at sub-contractors side by side across the board.

To do that, you must change the column type of Cotracators or Tasks in your pdf to a dropdown list.

Use a filter to show only rows with sub-contractors values.

You can create filters with those values to do the same for each different scope on a project, such as Corrosion Control, Asphalt paving, Grading, etc.

Card View

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=a0571c3497304f94bd2ce3ee93773309

Board View

Filter Setting Example

With this filter, the Card or Board View shows the cards or boards that have contractor value and "Concrete Flatwork" words in the Category field, including their ancestors. For example, you can copy and modify the copied filter, changing the Category to Corrosion Control.

The Breadcrumbs column shows all the parent Categories except the top one.

Breadcrumbs =SUBSTITUTE(JOIN(ANCESTORS(Category@row), " > ") + " > " + Category@row, INDEX(Category:Category, 1), "")

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!