Formula for Previous Workday

Options

Hello, I've seen some formulas here that are close to what I'm looking for, but nothing that exactly matches. I've created a payroll calendar in Smartsheet and I want to alert a user the workday before the payroll deadline, excluding holidays. The field is [Alert Date]@row.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @AV_NGG,

Is [Alert Date] the day prior to the payroll deadline, or is that the payroll deadline? If it's the day prior, what column is the payroll date stored in? What have you already tried in terms of formulas?

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• AV_NGG
    Options

The field [Alert Date]@row should be the workday prior to the field [Date]@row. I assume =WORKDAY(Date@row, -1) should do it, but do you know if that takes into account the holidays entered for our org in the admin section?

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @AV_NGG,

I believe it does as long as you have dependencies enabled (which can be found in Gantt View, then click the gear in the upper right corner):

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!