Why does my automation of copying rows to another sheet add several rows down and not at Row 1?

KarenTF
KarenTF ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two sheets that I want copy rows to another sheet to roll up the data. I set up both automations and they worked; however, they added the rows WAY down on row 132. Initially, I was thinking the automation didn't work, but eventually found the data at the bottom of the sheet. Is there any way to fix this?

Best Answer

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @KarenTF,

My best guess is that you had blank rows in the target sheet, so the copy put the rows in the first spot it found available. A blank row is still considered a row, so it is important that when deleting, you highlight the row, use the right-click menu, and then choose "delete" - do not just highlight and hit the delete button, this deletes the values but not the actual row, leaving you with a blank row.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Answers

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @KarenTF,

My best guess is that you had blank rows in the target sheet, so the copy put the rows in the first spot it found available. A blank row is still considered a row, so it is important that when deleting, you highlight the row, use the right-click menu, and then choose "delete" - do not just highlight and hit the delete button, this deletes the values but not the actual row, leaving you with a blank row.

Hope this helps,

Dave