If I create an automated workflow on a sheet, can that be automatically copied to multiple sheets?

Or, will I have to manually add that workflow to each sheet?

Background - I want to set an automated workflow reminder whenever a date is past due. Easy enough. However, we have 73 individual Project Manager sheets that I need to create the same workflow for. I would prefer not having to open 73 sheets and manually create 73 workflows.

So, is there a way that Smartsheet will automatically copy the workflows by selecting the sheets I want it copied to?

Best Answer

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That really stinks then it sounded like you already had them in use so it was a long shot. I use a lot of automations to my knowledge there isn't anything that allows you to deploy across multiple sheets with one or two clicks. It would be really nice if they had a feature that would manage all of the automations including deployment/updates to live sheets.

Answers

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if you already have the 73 sheets created and in use but I typically create a template sheet that contains all your formula's and automation's. Then as I need it I simply use the "Save as New" feature which creates an copy of that template including the automation's and formula's. Hopefully this helps.

Here is a quick snip of some options.

• mmclaughlin
    mmclaughlin ✭✭✭

@Cory Page - thank you for the response. That will definitely work moving forward, but unfortunately, the 73 sheets are already in use. Was hoping there was a bulk update feature.

Thank you, though. Appreciate it!!

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That really stinks then it sounded like you already had them in use so it was a long shot. I use a lot of automations to my knowledge there isn't anything that allows you to deploy across multiple sheets with one or two clicks. It would be really nice if they had a feature that would manage all of the automations including deployment/updates to live sheets.