¡Le damos la bienvenida! Nos alegra que esté aquí. ¡Preséntese y conozca a sus colegas!

Formula para visualizar el ultimo usuario que modifico una celda en Smartsheet?

Buenas Tardes Comunidad,

Me gustaria saber si existe alguna formula en Smartsheet que pueda visualizar en una columna quien fue el ultimo usuario que modifico "X" columna de "X" celda.

Se que Smartsheet tiene la facilidad de poder ver el ultimo usuario adheriendo la columna llamada "Last modified user", o bien, podemos ver el historial de la celda en especifico haciendo click derecho sobre ella, pero esto es muy manual.

Intentamos utilizar la siguiente fórmula, pero no funcionó. Necesitamos esta información para un asunto relacionado con auditoría y esperamos que puedan ayudarnos. Gracias de antemano.

• Formula: =IF([Specific Column]@row = MODIFIED(), USER(), "")

Best Answer

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Marco,

If only certain users are allowed to modify the "Supervisor's 1st Status" column, you can use the "Assign People" workflow to record the last user who modified that column, as shown in the screenshots below.

The process is as follows: when the "1st Approval Status" is changed by one of these users, the "Modified By" system column will automatically record their email. We can then use the workflow to record their name in the "Last Approver" column.

Hope it works for you.

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/24/24

Hi Marco,

I tried to understand your post by using Google translator.

One idea of using a log sheet to record changes of your original sheet based on a specific "Test column" that you may consider:

1. Add a system Modifed by column to your original sheet
    2. Create a new Log sheet
    3. Creat a copy-row automation workflow in your original sheet to copy rows from the original sheet to the Log sheet whenever there are changes in the "Test column"
    4. Create a report (refers to the Log sheet) with "Group by" Primary column to display the history changes of each row in the original sheet

See the screenshots below for a demostration.

• Marco B
    Marco B ✭✭

@Gia Thinh,

I tried your suggested approach, but unfortunately, it did not work as expected. Instead of copying the rows, they were being moved, which was not our intended outcome. The reason behind this approach was to avoid generating overload in the file.

To help clarify my requirement, I have attached a screenshot below. As you can see, in Row# 20, it indicates that the last user to modify the entire row was a Smartsheet automation on 07/24/24. However, what I actually need is to track the last user who modified only the column titled "Supervisor's 1st status". According to the "View Cell History," it was the user "Suly He" who modified this column on 12/07/24.

In order to address this requirement, I would appreciate your assistance in finding a solution that allows us to display the name of the last user who modified the "Supervisor's 1st status" column in a single cell. This will greatly help us track the activity related to this specific column without affecting the other rows or causing any file overload.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Marco,

If only certain users are allowed to modify the "Supervisor's 1st Status" column, you can use the "Assign People" workflow to record the last user who modified that column, as shown in the screenshots below.

The process is as follows: when the "1st Approval Status" is changed by one of these users, the "Modified By" system column will automatically record their email. We can then use the workflow to record their name in the "Last Approver" column.

Hope it works for you.

• Marco B
    Marco B ✭✭

@Gia Thinh,

Thank you so much for sharing this solution, it worked great for us, we are very grateful for your support and also for taking the time to reflect the step by step in an agile and simple way, you rock! 😀

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad to know that it worked well for you.

• Marco B
    Marco B ✭✭

Dear @Gia Thinh ,

Maybe you can help me on this new inquiry? please let me know thanks in advanced.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/129634/is-there-a-way-to-use-cascading-filters-in-smartsheet-forms/p1?new=1

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Marco B

I did answer you in your new post.

Ayuda y aprendizaje