COUNTIFS with multiple criteria

Hello,

I'm having issues with smarthsheet recognizing my columns names. Any thoughts? When I write the Status:Status piece, it does make them active to that column, but as soon as I get to the Submission Date:Submission date portion, it removes the coloring/linking. I've also tried Submission Date:Submission Date with & w.o brackets.

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, "Assigned", [Submission Date:Submission Date], AND(@cell>DATE (2023, 9, 30), @cell<=DATE(2023, 12, 31)))

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Btrombler,

[Submission Date:Submission Date] should be written as [Submission Date]:[Submission Date]

Hope this helps,
    Dave

• Btrombler
    Btrombler ✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • Adding on to this— trying to also include a date range with counting the number of applicants within various depts, in certain date ranges, but it's saying incorrect argument set.

=COUNTIFS(DISTINCT([Name of Requestor]:[Name of Requestor], [Submission Date]:[Submission Date], AND(@cell > DATE (2023, 9, 30), @cell <= DATE(2023, 12, 31))))

Similarly with this, trying to add date range to these, with the second count function being tied to a free text where they write in their department if its not in the original "division"; drop down

=COUNT(DISTINCT(Division:Division)) + COUNT(DISTINCT([Please specify]:[Please specify]))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!