What's wrong with this formula?

=IF([% Complete]@row = 100, "Green", IF(AND [% Complete]@row > 70, [% Complete]@ row < 99), "Yellow", IF ([% Complete]@row < 70, "Red"))))

Answers

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, I could be wrong but your final IF statement has no statement if false.

[% Completed]@row < 70 = Logical Statement

"Red" = Value if Correct

MISSING = Value if Incorrect.

Let me know if this works!

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford

• FrustratedBySS
    edited 07/26/24

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

This is a step in the Core App Skills Badge Exercise and I can't move on until I get this figured out. The videos leading up to this leave a bit to be desired when it comes to preparing for the skills tests at the end of each module. The exact question is:

Use a nested if formula to automate the RYG status balls in the "Status" column, depending upon the "% Complete" for each request.

If a request is less than 70% complete, turn the "Status" column into a "Red" status ball,

If a request is 70% or above and less than 100% complete, turn the "Status" column into a "Yellow" status ball,

If a request is 100% complete, turn the "Status" column into a "Green" status ball

This formula returns a #UNPARSEABLE response:

=IF([% Complete]@row = 100, "Green", IF(AND [% Complete]@row > 70, [% Complete]@ row < 99), "Yellow", IF ([% Complete]@row < 70, "Red", 0))))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!