Monitoring the work of my company employees with Symbols

This discussion was created from comments split from: NEW Customer Success Office Hours!.

Answers

• I want to make the smart sheet where there is monitoring the work of my company employees .Like work status ,symbols must be use ,if symbol is green means work status is completed.If i click completed on work status then the symbol is automatically green like this status progress ,Not completed etc how can i do this can you help me built the smartsheet .

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate and share some screenshots? (Please delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing.) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• In this above screen shot i have use the different color for different status .let we select work in progress means the Yellow color to be select and green means completed .This things not happen in formatting how can i do this please suggest me .

My question is that how can i link with symbol so that if i click pending with us then the yellow color symbol is select .

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer is in your question. Literally. :) Essentially, you'll change your Symbol column to be a formula that includes in part, this:

=IF([Tower Civil]@row = "Pending with Us", "Yellow")

Notice I wrote out YELLOW. When you do that in a symbol column, the symbol that corresponds with that word is what will display. Like any other IF formula, it can get quite complex if you try to do many things based on what's in other columns, so be sure when you're building the formula that you pay attention to the order that things are processed so you it behaves the way you expect.

Good luck!

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/29/24

You would do it with a formula or with Workflows.

The formula would be something like that.

=IF([Tower Civil]@row = "Pending with Us", "Yellow", IF([Tower Civil]@row = "PO Not Available", "Red") and so on…

Make sense?

Remember! Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.