Populating master sheet from another sheet it produces.

Hi everyone,

long story short, our team has a form where individuals can submit issues for upper management review. Once our team reviews, we select "yes" under "ready for SDLT review". this is where my question begins… SDLT will meet as a group separately, and I'd like them to only see items which we've selected "yes" to. I initially thought I'd just create a workflow that copies the row to a new sheet, easy enough; however, SDLT also needs to select "yes" under
"approved (SDLT)" column. How do I populate the "yes" under the "approved (SDLT)" in the master sheet, where issues our submitted to via a form, from the SDLT sheet that's created by the workflow trigger?

hope that makes sense! Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Lauren Kleitz
    Lauren Kleitz ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Instead of using a workflow to copy the items to a new sheet, have you considered using a report for the SDLT group that is filtered on the "ready for SDLT review" column and only shows those that are marked "yes"? If you include the "Approved SDLT" column as well, they can directly set the value from the report and it will get passed back to the source sheet.

Answers

• Lauren Kleitz
    Lauren Kleitz ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Instead of using a workflow to copy the items to a new sheet, have you considered using a report for the SDLT group that is filtered on the "ready for SDLT review" column and only shows those that are marked "yes"? If you include the "Approved SDLT" column as well, they can directly set the value from the report and it will get passed back to the source sheet.

• Only using core app and not wanting to share the master sheet with upper management…..INDEX/MATCH formula on the master sheet cross-referenced to sheet 2. I would probably use an auto-number column as your unique key versus the Recommendation(s) column since it is text and they would likely type over and cause errors. That would be the easiest setup having a single copy automation to a sheet that is shared to upper management.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!