Procurement Log Formatting

Melvin B.
Melvin B.
edited 08/12/24 in Formulas and Functions

I am trying to remember how to re-create these date values for my material procurement log. I printed the PDF version and unfortunately am trying to re-create a new sheet with the formulas using these dates as examples.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

It's hard to know from the PDF, but I would guess those dates were captured more in automations than formulas:

You can setup an automation to capture a date on a trigger. So for example setup an automation to trigger when a row is added (which is what happens when a form is submitted) and capture a date into the Submittal Request column.

Similarly, setup an automation to trigger when "Submittal received" is checked, and capture the date into the Received From Sub column.

Submitted to Arch is probably just a hand entry date as I don't see a checkbox or trigger for that.

For Anticipated Delivery Date, you might be calculating that as a lead from submittal approval date and lead time from approval? You can calculate any date by taking the date field and adding a number to it, that number is the number of days. So for example =[Submittal Approval Date]@row + [Lead Time From Approval (Weeks)]@row*7

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!