Hi, I'm trying to work out how to create a formula to automatically produce % in $ value

Approved Job Value @row * percentage complete = Percentage complete value (represented as $ Figure)

Best Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ian R

What you have is the right way to do it. If you're asking how to write the formula in Smartsheet, it will be =[Approved Job Value]@row * [Percentage Complete]@row. Since you don't have any % complete values in row#1 in your screenshot, the formula for that would be =SUM(CHILDREN()). For the sum children to work, the rows below it should be indented with the indent icon or by selecting the rows and using Ctrl + ]

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Ian R
    Ian R
    Answer ✓

Thank You, Resolved my issue.

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ian R

What you have is the right way to do it. If you're asking how to write the formula in Smartsheet, it will be =[Approved Job Value]@row * [Percentage Complete]@row. Since you don't have any % complete values in row#1 in your screenshot, the formula for that would be =SUM(CHILDREN()). For the sum children to work, the rows below it should be indented with the indent icon or by selecting the rows and using Ctrl + ]

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Ian R
    Ian R
    Answer ✓

Thank You, Resolved my issue.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!