Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

What3Words integration

What3Words gives a three word address to any 3m x 3m square location in the world. Which means it is useful for logging the location of assets that do not have a postal code / zip code, and far easier to accurately remember or read out than Latitude/Longitude numbers.

I would like to be able to enter a What3Words (W3W) address in the format ///clean.wide.allows and be able to click on it and taken to the W3W address (in this case, Big Ben in London).

Perhaps even better, I would also like to be able to use a Smartsheet form on a mobile device to say 'Enter my location' and for the form entry to capture the W3W address (and maybe an option for Lat/Long as well) so that I can geolocate an asset where it is.

This functionality would really help with any georeferenced information: Farmers can log where they have fence damage; Doctors can log where hard-to-find addresses are; Infrastructure owners can log where a fault is; Open-air Event managers can log where key facilities are, etc..

What3Words provides a developer API page here: https://developer.what3words.com/public-api

Finally - I have no connection or financial agreement with What3Words - I'm just a fan who has used W3W for work and leisure for years and found it incredibly helpful.

2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated