How do I show a holiday in a date range?

I know how to add holidays into my project settings so that Smartsheet automatically adds another calendar day to the timeline. Now I want to show the name of the holiday that falls within a date range on my project plan. That is, if I have a task that starts December 20 and ends December 27, is there a way to indicate that December 25 is a holiday during that time period, and to show or name that holiday in Smartsheet?

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Myron

You can by adding a sheet containing the dates and the names of the holidays. You will then need to create a column in your plan which will look up the holiday sheet and render the holiday(s) that fall within the date range in your plan.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Thanks, Aravind. I was thinking that I would need some sort of vlookup formula…something to the effect of vlookup, if a date on another sheet of holidays falls between my task start and end dates on my main sheet, then copy the name of the holiday on the other sheet and paste it into a holiday column on my main sheet. I'll need to think about the formula.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!