Formula for pulling one column if a box is checked and another if another box is checked

Hello

I am attempting to write a formula that will calculate commissions in different scenarios - if buyer is represented, I want it to calculate the total price at 5.5%, if buyer is unrepresented, I want it to calculate the total price at 4%. I set up 2 checkbox columns one for unrepresented, one for unrepped. I have formulas in the commissions1 and commission2 set to calculate appropriately. I am just needing to figure out how to return in my commissions column either commissions1 or commissions2 based on the checkbox column but cannot figure it out.

Here is the formula I have been trying but it keeps coming back as unparseable - I'm not sure what I am doing wrong? Formula here:

=IF(AND([buyer repped]@row = 1, [buyer unrepped]@row = 0), Commissions1@row, IF (AND([buyer repped]@row = 0, [buyer unrepped]@row = 1), Commissions2@row, IF (AND([buyer repped]@row = 0, [buyer unrepped]@row = 0, "")))

Answers

• I think you're just missing a bracket after the last 0, so should be:

=IF(AND([buyer repped]@row = 1, [buyer unrepped]@row = 0), Commissions1@row, IF (AND([buyer repped]@row = 0, [buyer unrepped]@row = 1), Commissions2@row, IF (AND([buyer repped]@row = 0, [buyer unrepped]@row = 0), "")))

Hope that solves it,

Jeremy

• Thanks Jeremy, I tried that but unfortunately its still returning as unparseable

• I have found a workaround. In my situation, it will always either be one way or another, there will never be a situation in which a buyer is both represented and unrepresented, so I just placed a formula in the commissions column that adds together the commissions1 and commissions2 columns since one will always be 0. I'd still be curious to figure out what I was doing incorrectly with the original formula but this suits my purposes for now.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!