Can bridge by smartsheet run a powershell script upon a triggerable event?

Looking to run a powershell script in my bridge integration.

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee

Hi @JD Lobue!

For Bridge by Smartsheet, we have direct integrations available that you can explore here: Bridge Integrations.

Bridge also provides utilities like the Call API tool, which you can use to call external systems and automate actions. You might be able to connect to PowerShell using this tool. For more details, check out this article: Configure the Call API tool.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Isaac.

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JD Lobue,

I hope everything is going well and Call API is working for your use case. I just wanted to call out a couple things. If you do decide to create a public API and use "Call API" to initiate a PowerShell script, make sure that you check the Bearer authentication header before proceeding with the PowerShell script. Also, you might want to keep the public API super simple and avoid adding a body with data. If you use a body with data and pass that into your PowerShell script, you could create a security vulnerability if you don't sanitize the inputs properly. It would be similar to the security vulnerabilities caused by the Eval function in JavaScript.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eval+js+security

Best,

SSFeatures

SSFeatures - The browser extension that adds more features into SmartSheet.

• Automatic sorting, sorting with filters, saving sort settings
    • Spell checking
    • Report PDF generator that supports grouped and summarized reports