Bulk Custom Field Management Problem

I've been running into an issue where my users have been using the Bulk Custom Fields feature to tag assets, but have not been unselecting assets before moving on (it's annoyingly unintuitive to have to constantly click 'Select None' when working with multiple assets). As a result, they have been bulk adding incorrect values to multi-value Custom Fields.

I know how to delete values wholesale in the Bulk Management menu, but I don't want to delete ALL values across my Brandfolder. I want to be able to bulk remove Custom Field entires across mutliple assets at once - how do I do this? These are entries I'd prefer not to change to Single Value Fields.

Answers

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee

Hi @K9sForWarriors,

If you have it included in your current plan, you can use the CSV Metasheets feature to do this. If that's an option, you can follow the steps below.

Creating a metasheet

1. Bulk-select the assets you want to update. 
    2. From the bulk actions toolbar, hover over Download and select Download CSV. 
    3. The CSV will download to your device.

Editing a metasheet

1. Open the new metasheet CSV in a spreadsheet editor of your choice. 
    2. From here, add, update, and delete information within the CSV. 
    3. Editable users can update and add tags, custom fields, dependent custom fields, asset names, and descriptions. Attachment filenames can't be adjusted using Metasheets. 
    4. Rename and save the updated CSV metasheet.
    5. Within Brandfolder, navigate to Settings > Bulk Management
    6. Select Upload CSV.
    7. Upload the new metasheet within the import box. 
    8. After the CSV is done processing, the updates will appear in Brandfolder.

You can read more about Metasheets here, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now