How do I eliminate the column name.

How do I get the "column6" or "column7" not to show up? I know I can delete the actual text that says column but the space is still there.

I copied these four cells in my metric sheet us the metric widget on on the dashboard.

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭

The short answer: you don't make them NOT show up - that's not a functionality that exists. But there's good news: in the same way you can delete the text on the label, you CAN change it to suit your need. You can modify what the label says, and change the font size/weight/color. You can also make creative use of white space by using multiple metric widgets - giving you more flexibility for vertical spacing, or to minimize label impact by positioning horizontally.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When editing the widget, you can click on "Column6" and delete it the same as if you were going to change it to say something else. using this feature, you can also choose to link only the two date cells and change the text/font/size of "Column6" to "Start Date".

Another option would be to flip the data so that you have a [Start Date] and [End Date] column, only enter the dates, and only link the dates to the dashboard.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!