3rd party addons for Smartsheet

Does anyone have a list of available free and/or paid 3rd party addons for Smartsheet? Simple tools that solve specific problems, like ddupdate, can be invaluable. Having a repository or a guide where to look would be really appreciated. Thx!

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It would end up having to be a user generated list somewhere, or maybe you can just use a search engine to try to find what you can. Smartsheet does not always endorse these 3rd party apps such as ddupdate for various reasons, so you won't find them listed anywhere in Smartsheet's documentation.

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi DTPM,

There aren't very many third party addons. As far as I know, I'm the first person to create a third party browser extension for SmartSheet, and I just launched it last week (after developing it for almost 5 months).

Originally I wanted to publish something in the SmartSheet marketplace but I quickly realized that the marketplace was only for SmartSheet addons and not something that third party developers could really contribute to. Hopefully in the future SmartSheet will support third party integrations with a third party marketplace, so that other developers won't need to create full on browser extensions just to contribute some features.

Creating browser extensions has the extra hassle and overhead of needing to go through the Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox reviews every single time that we want to push a change or fix a bug. I had a particularly difficult time with the Apple App store.

If SSFeatures is successful, hopefully it'll convince more developers to come in and help implement some of the outstanding feature backlog, and then convince SmartSheet to make it easier for third party development.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Thanks Brian, but this only shows the really expensive premium addons published by Smartsheet, not 3rd party addon like ddupdate.

It would be nice if something like this was available.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It would end up having to be a user generated list somewhere, or maybe you can just use a search engine to try to find what you can. Smartsheet does not always endorse these 3rd party apps such as ddupdate for various reasons, so you won't find them listed anywhere in Smartsheet's documentation.

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi DTPM,

There aren't very many third party addons. As far as I know, I'm the first person to create a third party browser extension for SmartSheet, and I just launched it last week (after developing it for almost 5 months).

Originally I wanted to publish something in the SmartSheet marketplace but I quickly realized that the marketplace was only for SmartSheet addons and not something that third party developers could really contribute to. Hopefully in the future SmartSheet will support third party integrations with a third party marketplace, so that other developers won't need to create full on browser extensions just to contribute some features.

Creating browser extensions has the extra hassle and overhead of needing to go through the Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox reviews every single time that we want to push a change or fix a bug. I had a particularly difficult time with the Apple App store.

If SSFeatures is successful, hopefully it'll convince more developers to come in and help implement some of the outstanding feature backlog, and then convince SmartSheet to make it easier for third party development.

• DTPM
    DTPM

Yes, that would be terrific if we had a marketplace for 3rd party developers and some way to have the verified as Smartsheet validated, like a badge or something along those lines.

There are so many small enhancements or tweaks that could be made to the platform via 3rd party developers that would increase its value immeasurably! Hope that day comes soon!