Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Please add: Set default view on Publish setup

jmergy
jmergy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Really a bummer if we have card view going and I want to send it around for view/read only and people get a janky grid. 

Can Smartsheet just add a default view setting to the publish functionality? That way we can determine what view we want with the read only or edit views? 

Mock-up of Publish settings with default view option

PublishDefaultViewSetting.jpg

Tags:

Comments

• Hello,

You can set the default view of a published sheet after you've enabled it by clicking the Get Link text button to the right of the on/off switch—screenshots below.

publishoptions.png

publish-settings.png

• tylermh
    tylermh ✭✭✭✭✭

To add to this, much like you can with the general sharing of a sheet (see my included screen shot), it would be great to have the ability to set the default view, AND default filter and card view lanes in the Publish Settings as well.

Unless I'm missing something, this currently isn't possible, correct?

Capture.PNG

• Hi—

You're not missing anything. There currently isn't a way to apply a default filter in the published view of a sheet, although you can apply a default view when publishing your sheet as Read-Only - Full or Edit by Anyone.

When you have a moment, please submit a product enhancement request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site to let our Product team know that you'd like to have the option to apply a default filter as well.

This discussion has been closed.