October Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

During September, you shared when and where your mind works best. Of course you all had unique preferences — early birds, night owls, the office, home, white noise, mowing the yard — but you also had quite a bit in common. So many of you get your best ideas while being active, in the shower, or after a nice cup of coffee. ☕️

Now that October is here, we have a new seasonal question for you! 🎃 Take this chance to earn badges and points while getting to know your peers.

Fill in the blanks: I am not scared of __________ because ________. (Pull from your personal or professional life.)

I’m sure you’ll have great stories to share this month as well, so I can’t wait to learn what you’re NOT scared of in the comments section below. ⬇️

About Question of the Month:

We kick off each month with a new question. These monthly ice breakers are just one way to help you get to know your Smartsheet peers and rack up some badges and points in the process.

Everyone who participates by answering the question prior to the end of the month will automatically receive a unique participant badge once the question closes at the end of the month.

In addition to the participant badge, the top three answers based on Community member votes will receive the Top Answer badge. To vote on an answer click on the upvote icon associated with an answer in the comments below. Multiple votes allowed and encouraged!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Tags:

Comments

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of _failure__ because _I have a strong support group.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Project Manager, GE Aerospace

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• I am not scared of change, because the status quo is boring.

Challenge yourself to do better, be better, do scary things. Every time you succeed, you learn more about yourself and give yourself new skills you didn't know you had.

• kelceyg
    kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/02/24

I am not scared of change because you cannot grow from a place of comfort.

When I am doing something that requires me to be outside of my comfort zone, I like to repeat, "In order to grow, you must be uncomfortable. You cannot grow from a place of comfort," as a little mantra. Sometimes just remembering why you're doing something helps you get through it a little easier!

• Deena Duran
    Deena Duran Overachievers

I am not scared of formulas because I use Smartsheet's 'Generate Formulas' AI Tool!

Deena Duran, MA (She/Her)

🌟 Smartsheet Overachiever, Mobilizer, and Early Adopter 🌟

🎓️ Core App, Project Management, and System Administrator Certified 🏅

Senior Business Analyst

University of New Mexico Health Sciences

• Tiffany Ruvalcaba
    Tiffany Ruvalcaba ✭✭✭
    edited 10/02/24

I am not scared of the future because tomorrow is not promised so I choose to live for today.

(But I will stock up on toilet paper due to the union dock workers strike! Maybe even purchase a bidet) 😉

• RebSchr
    RebSchr ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of change because I embrace change each and every day.

Things in life are always changing. If I was afraid of change, I would never be able to succeed. Sometimes change is the best thing to happen to someone. For example, I was at a point in my career where I wanted to change. I changed my career path late in life. It was one of the best decisions that I EVER made. I now have a great work-life balance and live a healthier, happier lifestyle as a result. Plus, it allows me extra time with the grandbabies and doing things I love, such as photography. 😍

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of the world today because the FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

• Frank S.
    Frank S. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of new ideas because I keep a fire extinguisher handy when they get too hot!

This emphasizes my team's approach to innovation. We are always open to new ideas, even if they challenge the status quo, and we are prepared to manage the risks that come with bold thinking. After all, the best ideas can often bring about significant change!

Frank Smith, PMP

Assistant Director | IT Special Projects Mgr.

Oregon Parks & Recreation Department

If my response helps, please mark it as an accepted answer. 😎

• adam.b
    adam.b ✭✭✭✭

I am not scared of a challenge, because it means I unlock new mental abilities.

• Bruce Case
    Bruce Case ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not scared of using Smartsheet, because if I get stuck, I know where to find the Help Articles and the Community is "Best in Class".

Enjoy ENGAGE. Unfortunately, I will not be able to join this year.

• John Bray
    John Bray ✭✭✭

Another interesting topic!

I am not scared of Mistakes because they are opportunities for growth

I prefer to spend my energy on positivity.

• Lauri M
    Lauri M ✭✭✭

I am not scared of public speaking because I took it upon myself to take a class offered through my employer which was wonderful. The fear of public speaking is mental. One needs to think of public speaking as having a talk with a close friend. It is a skill that over time once can master with ease and confidence.