Attachments on Automated emails

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sending Attachments / With Automated Email.

Answers

• bkahane
    bkahane ✭✭

Hi Andre,

I've set up an automation per your recommendations because I want the sheet to send an attachment to a particular person listed in a cell whenever a new attachment is added to a row. The automation works, except no attachment! I've set it up as you've indicated:

Update: After clicking on the "Open request" button in the email, I now see the attachments. I can work with that but was hoping the attachments would be included in the email. Is there any way to do that?

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @bkahane

Your workflow has been set up correctly and will send the requester an e-mail as detailed above. The workflow cannot extract the attachment and add it to the e-mail. You could potentially do this with other applications like PowerAutomate or Bridge.

Unfortunately, it's not possible native to core application, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    Want to meet?Check my availability

Find me on:LinkedIn | YouTube

www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.