Inquiry about recovering deleted assets

Hi, I have some questioins about recovering deleted assets.

1. Is it correct that the asset is shown as "EMPTY" when we recover an asset that was deleted by duplicate detection?
Also, is there any way to filter only "EMPTY" assets?

2. We once clicked "recover all" in the [Settings - General Settings - Advanced - Manage Deleted Assets] menu, but after the assets were recovered, new list of deleted assets appeared. I'd like to know the rule that deleted assets are shown in that menu.

3. Is it necessary to recover deleted attachments even after we finished recovering all of deleted assets?

Best regards,

Answers

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joanne Nam

Were the assets deleted longer than 30 days ago? I have seen instances where assets that were deleted longer than 30days ago show up as empty. Brandfolder recovers the metadata but not the asset itself.

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    Want to meet?Check my availability

Find me on:LinkedIn | YouTube

www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭

No, they were deleted during October 16th-17th and recovered on 17th (KST).

Could you check again including the other questions?

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee

Hi @Joanne Nam,

1. When you recover the deleted assets, those can show as "empty" temporarily.
    2. You can only view/recover in batches of 1,000 deleted assets at a time, and anything after 30 days is not visible. That's why more deleted assets appear after you click "recover all."
    3. Recovering assets that had attachments should also recover the attachments, but it doesn't happen immediately. However, if you deleted an attachment independently (without deleting the asset) you might need to recover that attachment on its own.

Hope you're doing well!

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joanne Nam

ok, i'm going to answer your questions in order of aks:
    1. Is it correct: Yes, see answer to Q3, if this is not applicable - You'd need to contact te support team.
    1. Can I filter for empty assets: There is no filter you could apply for empty assets, however, you could look at the recently added assets and see wich of those are empty.

2. What does the "Deleted by" column say? Duplicate detection will keep deleting duplicate assets and show up in this list. Even if you have just recovered all. The duplicate detection cron runs immediately.

3. If attachments were deleted one by one in the asset, they will be listed one by one and subsequently need to be added back either one by one or using the bulk recovery function (i.e. restore all). See Q1.

Hope this helps

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    Want to meet?Check my availability

Find me on:LinkedIn | YouTube

www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. But I'm a bit confused in regards to "Empty" assets, so I'd like to ask again.

@Rebeca, according to your comment, recovered assets can be shown as "empty" temporarily,
    But the recovered assets in our Brandfolder are still shown as "empty" even though they were recovered 5 days ago as you can see in the screenshot below.

Do we need to delete them all and re-upload the original files?

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee

Hi Joanne,

The assets should only appear as "empty" for a few minutes, so this is not expected after 5 days of the recovery. Please submit a support ticket so the team can look into the issue to help resolve it.

• Joanne Nam
    Joanne Nam ✭✭✭

Hi Rebeca,

Well noted, but we have to share that assets to our branches today, so we just deleted empty assets and re-uploaded them.
    I'll submit a support ticket when we run into this issue again later.

Thank you for you help!