Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Resource usage reporting at project level - warnings of over allocatoin

Can a view of a project plan be developed to show the allocation of a resource within the project itself. It should report when the project itself has over allocated a resource due to multiple activities using the same resource over the same time period. A view Similar to that in MS Project would be ideal, where you can view down to the day and have days highlighted where the project plan over allocates the resource.

The above does not have to be connected to resource management as this would be purely focussed on the specific project plan tasks and allocations

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Yes, you can develop a view in Smartsheet to track resource allocation within a project plan, although it won’t be exactly the same as MS Project’s built-in resource over-allocation views. However, with some setup, you can build something similar by using a Gantt chart view with resource assignments and conditional formatting to highlight over-allocated days.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like further details or need help setting this up!

cfinke714@gmail.com

• Simon Cowx
    Simon Cowx ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @ChristianFinke , you've just inspired me on this. I'll try this approach and reach if I get stuck!