Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

URL Redirect for Inactive Forms

It would be great if, when you inactivate a form, there was a way to redirect users who end up on that form to the new form or web page.

I have built a highly complex system for my organization, the crux of which is an idea submission form. However, I did not have anywhere near the knowledge of Smartsheet that I do now and have been working over the past year to re-design the system to be more efficient. I'm almost at the point of implementing the redesign, but my main form and data would live in a new workspace. Problem is, most users at my organization have book marked the link to the current intake form. I would love a way to say, when I inactivate the current intake form, have anyone who clicks that bookmarked link automatically end up on the new version of the form. Is that possible? The only solution I've been able to find so far is instead of inactivating the form everyone has bookmarked, have a note at the top that says "This form is no longer being used. Please go to <link to new form>." I can't imagine though that there's no way to redirect it ?

*Note I am not a developer, am not sure if this is something a Smartsheet developer could do?

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated