Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Webforms & Populating Multiple Rows

Jennifer Howe
Jennifer Howe ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I was wondering if there was a way to create a webform in basic project gantt view that allows people to populate multiple rows for dates?

We have a critical path template that we want to use for our suppliers to fill out dates but we don't want them to change the content that we have listed - Just the dates.

I know I can do update requests or share the sheet - I just wanted to know if there was a way to allow Webforms to populate rows instead of just the columns. 

Please let me know if such a thing exists.

Comments

• Hi Jennifer, 

Web forms only allow you to enter new data, not update existing data. 

What you could do - lock the columns you do not want the suppliers to update, then publish the sheet. That way they can only update the unlocked columns.

You could also use reports (however the report won't allow the user to change start/end dates if they are part of the dependency settings).

I hope this helps!

Kara

This discussion has been closed.