Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Nested If Statement

rkw
rkw
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have been struggling for a long time trying to get a formula to work for me.  Here's the issue...  I have two IF statements that work fine independently of each other, but when I combine them I keep getting an 'incorrect argument set' error.  Here is the formula, and if someone could help me out with this I would be very grateful.

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Last Follow-up Date]1), ISBLANK([Work Order Date]1), ([Estimate Creation Date]1) < TODAY() - 21), ([General Interest Level]1) <> "Decisive Selections Made", 1, IF(AND(ISBLANK([Work Order Date]1), ([Last Follow-up Date]1) < TODAY() - 21), ([Building Phase]1) <> "Beginning", 1))

Comments

• Hi!

You have a few too many parentheses.  I'm not sure this is correct as you didn't specify all the parameters you needed for each result.  But I think I cleaned it up for you.  Also, there was no final Else result, so I added 0.  

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Last Follow-up Date]1), ISBLANK([Work Order Date]1), [Estimate Creation Date]1 < TODAY() - 21, [General Interest Level]1 <> "Decisive Selections Made"), 1, IF(AND(ISBLANK([Work Order Date]1), [Last Follow-up Date]1 < TODAY() - 21, [Building Phase]1 <> "Beginning"), 1, 0))

Give it a shot.

Shawn

• That worked!  Thank you so much, Shawn--I really appreciate the help!

Randy

This discussion has been closed.